[PD] patcher scripting using $0 ?

Joseph Larralde joseph.larralde at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 16:26:18 CEST 2019

I'm currently writing some GUI abstractions which have their appearance
initialized by arguments.
I'm using patcher scripting to achieve this.
I wonder if there is a way to target a top-level patch in another way
than using its patch name ...
Being able to use $0 in the destination name would be great !

For example : I have a "soundbank" abstraction, which I initialize by
sending messages to "pd-soundbank.pd"
But what if I want to create various instances of this abstraction ?
If I create a first instance, then a second one with different
arguments, the first one will receive the initialization messages from
the second one because it has the same file name.
So for the moment I can only create one instance of this kind of
abstractions, otherwise all the previously created instances get messed
up by messages they shouldn't receive.

Hence my question (I couldn't find such information in the docs).

Thanks,
Joseph