[PD] Latest pd version Armv7 Ubuntu 14.04

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 14:52:30 CEST 2019

On Thu, 2019-06-13 at 11:03 +0200, Csaba Láng wrote:
> what is the latest d version for armv7 processor? I installed it with
> apt-get but got 0.45.2.

With release based distros like Ubuntu or Debian (stable) - that are
focused on regular stable (as opposed to bleeding edge) releases -
there often is not a "latest" version of a specific software, but
exactly the version that was included at the time of the release of the
distribution.

If you want to get a more recent Pd version through apt, install a
newer version of Ubuntu. Current LTS version is 18.04 and comes with pd
0.48-1. Since support for Ubuntu 14.04 has ended, I don't quite see why
you exactly pick this version.

Another possibility to get more recent versions of a specific package
is if someone maintains builds on a so-called PPA. I don't know if
someone has a PPA[1] for Pure Data.

Roman

[1] https://help.ubuntu.com/stable/ubuntu-help/addremove-ppa.html