[PD] best non linear envelope design?

matthew brandi mfbrandi at outlook.com
Sat Jul 13 09:36:51 CEST 2019

On 13/07/2019 08:11, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
the [adsr~] object, so far, is only linear, but I'm hoping to offer a hardcoded exponential setting for it, but not sure yet which one, hence my mail to the list

Dear Alexandre

Wouldn’t the “classical” approach be convex attack (0 < pow < 1) and concave decay and release (pow > 1)? If so, you would be looking at a set of hardcoded exponents, not a single exponent for all segments, right?

FWIW, if you have the configurable [envgen~], I would make life easy for yourself and leave [adsr~] as linear.

Best

matthew brandi | 020 8882 4616