[PD] font issues - once again ...

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 22:35:42 CEST 2019

On Tue, 2019-09-10 at 22:18 +0200, Roman Haefeli wrote:
> On Tue, 2019-09-10 at 20:43 +0200, oliver wrote:
> >
> > the font rendering difference is huge (see attachment or here)
>
> Are you by chance using a HiDPI screen?
>
> Two laptops both having Ubuntu 18.04 installed show different results
> here (both Pd 0.50.0; Tk 8.6.8).

I just figured out it is not related to the HiDPI detection, not
directly at least. Ubuntu 18.04 comes with Gnome and in the display
settings scaling is only provided in steps of 100%, 200%, and 300%.
200% is too large, 100% a bit too small, that's why I went for 100% and
'Large Text: enabled' in 'Universal Access'. It's the 'Large Text:
enabled' setting that makes Pd menu and iemgui font sizes larger. When
I disable that, your test patch looks consistent with your Debian
Buster, Windows and macOS version.

XFCE is also based on GTK+, maybe you find a similar setting in your
control panel?

Roman