[PD] Bug on Pd 0.50-1 (delete key on mac)

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Sep 27 10:12:22 CEST 2019

On 27.09.19 01:54, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> Hello!
>
> The delete key on the mac used to delete the previous character to the
> left. But now it deletes the next character to the right. I'm on a macbook
> pro with 10.14.6
>
> This could be seen as just an annoyance as one can actually learn how to

i'm honestly annoyed by how this went.
please regard the rest of this email in rant-mode, triggered by my
personal annoyance. i just have to vent my frustration.

after [732] was escalated to "show stopper" i provided a fix for the
problem, with a plead for testing and (quite detailed, i think)
instructions on how *anybody* could do this testing, no git nor
compilation skills required.

henri and lucarda responded (but afaict, they only use windows), nobody
else seemed to care. (probably christof tested as well, but he is also
on windows).

<super-rant-mode>
i probably should have just ignored that "show stopper".
probably i should ignore *this* problem as well.
</super-rant-mode>

> Anyway, not sure how hard would it be to go back to the earlier and correct
> behaviour,

to put simply, it is impossible: we *never* had *correct* behaviour.

of course we could go back to the "earlier" behaviour, but that was
buggy (and the recent modifications are attempts to fix this bug).
i'm not sure that the new bugs are more severe than the old ones.

fgmsdr
IOhannes

[732] https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/issues/732