[PD] Gem: Looking for suggestions for camera / capture setup

Csaba Láng langcsaba at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 10:23:46 CET 2021

When I started this project Gem used the pylon 2 backend. The new cameras
of basler are based on pylon 5. Iohannes that time updated the backend in
Gem to 5. You have to install pylon 5  before compiling Gem showing the
path to pylon. And that’s it.
GigE is not a good solution as the data is more than GigE can handle. I use
usb3 hybrid cables up to 50m.
By the way I use this camera:

https://www.baslerweb.com/en/products/cameras/area-scan-cameras/ace/aca1440-220uc/