[PD] enforcing good practice (was: [midifile])

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 15:22:19 CET 2022

On Thu, 2022-02-10 at 15:00 +0100, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> on a related note:
> since Pd-0.52 it is no longer possible to connect a single outlet to
> single inlet twice.
> after reading this thread , i wonder whether this was premature and
> whether we should undo that change.

Can you elaborate?

Not sure if I rephrase that correctly, but I thought Pd is following a
paradigm of "the patch is what you see". By solely looking at the
patch, you understand its initial state and its mechanics. Having
double connections clearly breaks that. I'd assume double connections
happen always by mistake and they cannot be distinguished from single
connections. I think it's a good thing that they are suppressed now.

Roman