[PD] Silicon Mac issues

Philip Stone pkstone at ucdavis.edu
Fri Mar 18 19:12:34 CET 2022

Hello all,

I’m moving to an M1 MacBook and trying to get my Pd system configured. I’ve installed 0.52-1.really, copied my libraries and patches, set my paths, and can actually load and get sound out of one of my synth objects. However, when I try to load my (large) configuration, Pd quits immediately.

  1.  Is there any way to collect more error diagnostics – which startup flag(s) might be useful here?
  2.  I may have botched an earlier install – how do I insure there are no lingering (bad) settings from it? I worry that some system security setting is silently failing me.

If anybody has had similar experience with a Silicon Mac, please chime in. Thanks very much.

Phil Stone
University of California, Davis
Davis, CA.   USA