[PD] [random] and seed value

Julian Brooks lists+pd at julianbrooks.net
Wed Dec 14 23:55:26 CET 2022

"there are definitely pieces out there where
the composer expects the "random" piece to sound like "that", and which
will no longer be true if [random] uses different seeds for each instance)."

Yes, I'm one of those...

[random] seems to rear its head now & then.
My memory is that when asked on here, Miller was a little coy about the algo (when was highlighted on-list as an 'interesting' [non-standard] implementation:)

Seasons greets