[PD] Pd0.53-1 for Windows downloads look like Pd0.53-0

Benjamin Wesch benjamin.wesch at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 13:58:20 CET 2022

Hi and first of all: thank you so much for this beautiful piece of
software! I hope I'm addressing this correctly here: Since around 3
years, I've always (happily) downloaded the newest Windows Pd versions
from http://msp.ucsd.edu/software.html ... the current version
irritated me a bit though since it doesn't seem to include all the
changes that I've been following on github.

I downloaded and checked the installer and the zipped version. When I
open "Help"->"About Pd" from the menu, it says "Pd version 0.53.0".
Since that might just be a missing manual edit, I checked for changes
in help files and .tcl files that should be present (sigmund~-help.pd
for example) and can confirm that these are also missing in the
installer and zip of Pd0.53-1. I then built the current release myself
from https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/releases/tag/0.53-1 and
everything looks correct now (including "About Pd").

I hope I didn't do anything wrong on my side - but otherwise, I hope
this might help to get the downloads fixed. All the best! Ben