[PD] Number atom box limits overstepped

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Thu May 11 16:54:13 CEST 2023

> it's super-simple to just add a [clip 0 127] (or whatever) before or
> after the slider to achieve the behavior you are looking after.
The problem is that now you have to make sure that these two ranges
always stay in sync. (It is easy to accidentally change one while
keeping the other.)

> that would mean, that they cannot be used for "filtering"
> (out-of-bound values).
It's not only about filtering. The "set" message has the same problem.

I think we should generally follow the principle of least surprise. If a
numberbox allows to set a lower and upper bound, I guess most users
would expect that this range is always respected.

But that's just my 22¢ :)

Christof