please stop

f1f0 at m9ndfukc.com f1f0 at m9ndfukc.com
Mon Apr 26 19:12:36 CEST 1999

http://www.zmag.org/chomsky/sam/sam-4-2.html        +?
http://www.zmag.org/chomsky/sam/sam-4-3.html        +?
http://www.zmag.org/chomsky/sam/sam-1-1.html        +?
http://www.zmag.org/chomsky/sam/sam-1-5.html        +?

The methods are not very pretty. What the US-run contra forces did in
Nicaragua, or what our terrorist proxies do in El Salvador or Guatemala,
isn't
only ordinary killing. A major element is brutal, sadistic torture --
beating infants against rocks, hanging women by their feet with their
breasts cut off
and the skin of their face peeled back so that they'll bleed to death,
chopping people's heads off and putting them on stakes. The point is to
crush
independent nationalism and popular forces that might bring about
meaningful democracy.

>Winfried Ritsch <ritsch at iem.mhsg.ac.at> schrieb [auf engl!sch]
>
>hello,

hallo +?

>a) please stop off-topics, this list is deticated to pd (Pure Data)
>and all of its related issues

the protest against the illegal invasion of
a sovereign nation is not rela[d|t]ed to "pure data" +?
please explain +?

>b) This list ist mantained by IEM (Intitut for Electronic Music),
>University of Arts, Graz

have never heard an institute. have never read an institute's email +?
"ist" dze  IEM ,University of Arts, Graz  comprised of persons +?

!f tzo  -  who "ist" the persons IEM (Intitut for Electronic Music)ist
komprised of +?
Winfried Ritsch <ritsch at iem.mhsg.ac.at> +?

was heizt Intitut +?  und was heizt KUNST +?
University of Arts +? && more restrictions +?

please explain +?

perplexed +?

>c) Posting is now restricted to members only,

who has placed restrictions +?
du +?  Winfried Ritsch <ritsch at iem.mhsg.ac.at> +?

who has been restricted +?
du +?  Winfried Ritsch <ritsch at iem.mhsg.ac.at> +?  only +?

>I hope we dont have to make
>more restrictions.

a +?   "WE"  _  "WE" =  Winfried Ritsch <ritsch at iem.mhsg.ac.at> oder +?

"I hope we" = +?
is Winfried Ritsch placing restrictions +?
what do "YOU" mean by "WE" +?

specifics - precisely what type of measures are "YOU" "hoping" to take +?
specifics - precisely what type of measures are your the "WE"  "hoping" to
take +?

what do "YOU"    "hope"    that your the "WE" will do to silence
an electronic protest against the invasion of
a sovereign nation +?

how drastic will your the "WE" measures to silence
an electronic protest against the invasion of
a sovereign nation be +?

IEM (Intitut for Electronic Music), University of Arts, Graz , Austria  +?

arts +?  are "YOU" abs certain +?
was heizt Intitut +?  und was heizt KUNST +?

>mfg winfried

no names _ no titles _ nie mehr _ volunteers only +?

"WE" +?   "YOU" +?

What Uncle Sam Really Wants Copyright © 1993 by Noam Chomsky
                                      Previous section | Next section |
Contents | Archive | ZNet

http://www.zmag.org/chomsky/sam/sam-4-2.html
http://www.zmag.org/chomsky/sam/sam-4-3.html
http://www.zmag.org/chomsky/sam/sam-1-1.html
http://www.zmag.org/chomsky/sam/sam-1-5.html

The struggle continues

The struggle for freedom is never over. The people of the Third World need
our sympathetic understanding and, much more than that, they need our
help. We can provide them with a margin of survival by internal disruption
in the United States. Whether they can succeed against the kind of
brutality
we impose on them depends in large part on what happens here.

The courage they show is quite amazing. I've personally had the privilege
-- and it is a privilege -- of catching a glimpse of that courage at first
hand in
Southeast Asia, in Central America and on the occupied West Bank. It's a
very moving and inspiring experience, and invariably brings to my mind some
contemptuous remarks of Rousseau's on Europeans who have abandoned freedom
and justice for the peace and repose "they enjoy in their chains." He
goes on to say:

       When I see multitudes of entirely naked savages scorn European
voluptuousness
       and endure hunger, fire, the sword and death to
       preserve only their independence, I feel that it does not behoove slaves
       to reason about freedom.

People who think that these are mere words understand very little about the
world.

                                                 What you can do

In any country, there's some group that has the real power. It's not a big
secret where power is in the United States. It basically lies in the hands
of the
people who determine investment decisions -- what's produced, what's
distributed. They staff the government, by and large, choose the planners,
and
set the general conditions for the doctrinal system.

One of the things they want is a passive, quiescent population. So one of
the things that you can do to make life uncomfortable for them is not be
passive and quiescent. There are lots of ways of doing that. Even just
asking questions can have an important effect.