[pd] [OT] midi interfaces

Ricardo Climent R.Climent at Queens-Belfast.AC.UK
Fri Aug 31 20:21:42 CEST 2001

Dear All,

I used the F8 of midisolutions midinterface with a collection of fantastic &
affordable sensors from the Spanish company Cebek. (website in Spanglish)
http://www.cebek.com/cebek/indice.htm
The F8 has 8 CV-to-midi inputs and can be Gates-programmed. It is expensive to
bring it to this side of the Atlantic.
The cebek sensors are just circuits of different kinds with a low CV output
signal (ie: activates a 'rele')
Quoting Cebek's example:'Darkness sensor with relay output and supplied by 230
V. A.C. This module offer the same characteristics than the I-42 module, except
the voltage. Probe is included. Power Supply: 230 or 115 V. A.C. / 60 mA. -
Max. load output: 5 A.'

I´ve found it as a nice alternative for those who can not afford the iCube
system or simply enjoy developping they own sensors and ideas. PureData suits
perfect.

Cheaper than the F8 you have the doepfer German family of CVtoMidi converters.
The A102 I think.Can´t remember.
http://www.doepfer.com/

Best wishes

Ricardo