[PD-ot] Re: [PD] selfmade keyboard

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Wed Aug 14 09:19:33 CEST 2002

Hi,
Andre Schmidt hat gesagt: // Andre Schmidt wrote:

> that looks interesting. where can i get it and how much does it cost?

It's a controller for the Beatmania playstation game. Beatmania is
like Tetris with rhythm: You have to press the keys or scratch the pad
to the beat at the moment, when the corresponding symbol falls to the
ground. I got mine used in an Amazon ZShop for about 15 EUR including
the game, you might look at Ebay as well. You also need a PSX-USB
converter, I paid 13.50 EUR for a "Smartjoy USB". But this then could
be used with a PSX dancemat as well. There are several alternative
Beatmania controllers with better quality than mine, but they are
quite expensive, up to 100 EUR/USD.

I'm not sure, how useful the device will be when the adapter is
arrived, but the look is so cool. ;)

ciao