[PD-ot] path

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Oct 15 11:18:28 CEST 2003

Hallo,
Thurstan hat gesagt: // Thurstan wrote:

> The 'PD search path for patches and other files' menu is not clear to me.
> It contains a line with G:/Program Files/pd/extra/
>
> When I close it and open it again it containts two lines:
>
> G:/Program
> Files/pd/extra/
>
> This is due to the space I quess. When I then restore the first line
> and add "" like so: "G:/Program Files/pd/extra/" the path-menu will not
> open anymore.

This looks like a bug.

> When does PD use this path-search function anyway? Because when I
> click on 'open' it still opens the 'bin' folders.

The search path has another function: It tells Pd, where to look for
objects (externals or abstractions) that are not built-in in Pd. All
those *.dll files in pd/extra/ for example can only be used it you
have this directory in you Pd search path.

> Greets and sorry for all these novice-questions.

We all were novices once. Those questions aren't off-topic at all, so
you should post them to pd-list instead of here.

ciao