[PD-ot] Art: To GPL or not to GPL?

RTaylor ricktaylor at speakeasy.net
Sun Dec 21 19:14:36 CET 2003

The label "Hans-Christoph Steiner" hathe been affixed to this message,
>On Thursday, Dec 18, 2003, at 20:26 America/New_York, RTaylor wrote:

>> actual project I don't see why you think you're entitled to more than
>> any other author.

>Actually, all I am asking for is to attributed just like Stephen King
>is.  You cannot get his writing in a format that does not have his name
>on the front of it.  But the key difference is that I would like to

 Stephen is "special". You're not.

>release everything open source with the hope that others will as well.
>The CC Attribution license ensures this, but I think that attribution
>clauses can cause big problems in open source work in the long run.

 When and if I were to write code it would definitely be open source. {Public
domain, more likely}. I make a living from artwork. Open source isn't a really
viable option. To present... the only thing I have written is batch files and
scripts... pretty much system and task specific... I doubt they'd do anyone
much good.

 Anyway...I don't think anyone's going to bother with anything that requires
them to promote the author that heavily. I could be wrong.
--
Could you be the one they talk about?
Hiding inside, behind another door?