[pd-ot] electric circuits in software

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Apr 25 16:34:50 CEST 2006

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Its not really that hard to model analogue sound in digital.  But there is a
> cult of analog sound which believes that it is.  I mean, you could measure the
> difference between the real analog and a high quality digital recreation, but
> you couldn't hear it.

And chances are that the difference is due to bugs in the original analog
hardware, such as unplanned auto-inductions and crosstalks and...

For the analog cult, analog gear is perfect, it's equated with perfect,
and anything else is only seen as a poor imitation of analog. It's like
how, for patriotic Americans, a Camembert is a poor imitation of
Cheez-Whiz...