[pd-ot] electric circuits in software

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Fri Apr 28 03:15:17 CEST 2006

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 07:55:50AM +0200, Christian Klippel wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 27. April 2006 05:39 schrieb Chris McCormick:
> > On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 11:30:34PM -0400, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>
> > two waveforms look identical? Wouldn't they look like exactly the same
> > sound? On analogue gear, wouldn't it be the case that the exact shape
> > of the waveforms would be more accurately represented (e.g. a sawtooth
> > and a squarewave at 22050 would look like such)?
>
> on analogue gear you have no samplerate at all. its continous.

Yeh, 22050 was referring to the frequency of the wave. I guess my point
is that when the come out of the speaker, there is often going to be
some difference between something generated from an analogue source and
something generated from a digital source, depending on many complicating
factors like the cables used, rise/fall time of the TTL chips, etc. Then
it comes down to whether or not we can hear that difference.

Chris.

chris at mccormick.cx
http://mccormick.cx