[pd-ot] electric circuits in software

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Apr 29 03:09:16 CEST 2006

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Chris McCormick wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 02:13:17AM -0400, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> This sounds a bit speculative to me - too many assumptions. It's probably
> not wise to be so quick to dismiss the viewpoint of "analogue cultism"
> until we have concrete research that confirms that humans are unable to
> perceive such differences.

Why wouldn't it be wise? I'm happy with my bitrate and I don't care
whether analogue cultists are right or wrong. I can happily trim expenses
by buying medium-bitrate gear knowing that the people that I won't please
are the analogue cultists.

It's only unwise if my grant request gets evaluated by a cultist, but
then, in this case, it doesn't matter either whether analogue cultists are
right or wrong: all that matters is that I speak in consonance with their
beliefs.