[PD-ot] Re: R: [PD] Arduino

Alexandre Quessy listes at sourcelibre.com
Sat Sep 9 19:23:19 CEST 2006

Hi all,

Let's use the PD off topic mailing list while there is no Arduino
mailing list... An Arduino mailing list is a necessity.

Also, I am thinking on writing a generic Makefile for compiling and
uploading. I didn't read the source code yet, but it must be done with
the following commands : gcc-avr g++-avr avr-libc uisp. The Gem
makefile is a good inspiration for compiling all the files and linking
them together matching a pattern. The extension of an Arduino code
file should be .c, not .pde as I have seen in some places. No?

Let's boycott Java. If a GUI was to be made for such a software,
something light and portable like tkinter on Python should be used.
(Tk, again...) An example of a nice GUI in tkinter is E-sonoclaste
(google it). Java behaves very strangely on Linux and they still
didn't free it. Python rocks.

Alexandre
======

Alexandre Quessy