[PD-ot] recommendation: video-capturing OSX?

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 16:58:37 CEST 2008

hi,
I was using a digital framegrabber (dgf1394) on a macbook pro, but only
with jitter. it is a firewire device and still very fast. it puts out os
x native uyvy format, which I think should also be supported in gem?
I am not sure if there are dfg1394 drivers for 10.5, and they are
proprietary and another USD 50 (welcome to the world of apple).
big portion of the magic with live video is the correct color format.

btw, the blackmagic cards that people recommended already are very good.

marius.