[PD-ot] RS232 sound card?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Apr 17 19:55:19 CEST 2008

Cool, I'll try to get some samples of this.  I am surprised you
didn't represent Austria! ;) I found these, which look quite good for
this purpose, they are sending me samples:

http://www.austriamicrosystems.com/03products/24_da_converter.htm

The only problem with the DIY RS232 audio will be driver support...
I am not a kernel hacker...  anyone know of ALSA support for RS232
audio?  I'd love to make a kit for this, then we can run Pd on old
wifi routers and have sound output! :)

By the way, the max RS232 rate of 115200 would give 1 channel of 8-
bit audio at 14.4kHz.

.hc