[PD-ot] Who Plays the Mixing Desk

J bz jbeezez at googlemail.com
Thu May 6 11:29:54 CEST 2010

(call for help to our German speaking list members)

Hi all,

I'm presenting a paper about the use of the mixing desk as a creative
hands-on tool.  One of the aspects of my discussion is that I cannot find a
suitable term that seperates these performances from the more traditional
approach of sound engineering - setting an 'ideal' balance and leaving it at
that.

One of my post-grad associates here at Huddersfield Uni mentioned that he
has a memory of hearing something in German that he thought was appropriate
but he thinks he may be mis-remembering.  Something like:

regieur

Which looks more French than German but may jolt someone's memory?  I have
tried to google it but nothing comes up.

Any ideas, or also any phrase/title you might think is appropriate?

All good wishes,

Jb