[Pdweb] Re: pure-data wiki -- permissions and spam

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Sep 5 10:34:07 CEST 2006

B. Bogart wrote:
> Hi!
>
> #1. I can't seem to add wiki pages to docs/workshops I would like to
> make a new page for a workshop I'm teaching. I should have permission to
>  add a wiki page there.

the problem is that wikis don't have a notion of plone workflows (which
makes them "special" with respect to permissions)

as it has been discussed on pdweb some months ago, it should be possible
to create a wikipage by just adding a "WikiPage" into an existing page
(this is: you cannot add a completely new wiki-page, but you can create
child-pages of other pages)
please tell me whether this works.

> #2. dev/pddp is covered in spam comments, how can we keep the spammers
> from posting this stuff?

the simple solution (which i have implemented now) is: disable comments
for anonymous.
afair, i have explicitely added anonymous comments a while ago because
of a user request.

the best solution would probably be a "proof that you are no spam-bot"
check-box or password or...

i haven't found something yet which fullfills this (preferrably as
plone-product)

mf.asdr
IOhannes