[Pdweb] Pd web site architecture

Marco Donnarumma devel at thesaddj.com
Mon Feb 20 00:35:46 CET 2012

This approach sounds good to me too.
I can manage the exhibition page, Nicholas the community section (I guess
we could collaborate on that, so to swap the needed page), and perhaps
somebody else will come up.

It might be well worth the effort.

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 6:04 AM, Nicolas Montgermont <
nicolas_montgermont at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Le 16/02/12 03:45, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
>
>  I think you should take on the structure of the /community/ section and
>> try to make it clearer.  You probably should check with other people who
>> have contributed to that section, but don't let that hold you back.
>>
> Yes it's a nice idea to have one people in charge of one section.
> I can handle the "community" section if it's a problem for nobody.
> My thoughts about it:
>
> * It could be organized this way:
>
> community
> - mailing list (page)
> - forums (page)
> - IRC (page)
> - conventions (folder)
> - meetings (folder)
> - member downloads (folder?)
>
> - the "software" and "exhibition" must get out of this section cause they
> are important topics, and have specific tabs in the menus.
> - Pd art / Pd music / tracks / ... should go into the "exhibition"
> - patchings circles and local pd groups can be subsection of a bigger
> "meetings" category.
> - member downloads should include pd patches / projects that doesn't take
> the shape of librairies.
>
> * every sub section must have a formatted page, even if it's a folder
>
> * creating folder should be disabled for standard members to prevent
> having a complex menu on the left. but users may create page/content in the
> member download / meetings / convention topics.
>
> * users can edit all pages. except maybe the "community" one.
>
> * How can I easily know who has worked in that section? when i hit
> "history" i only have a possiblity to reverse the last edit.
>
> * I was wandering if there is an easy possiblity to get rid of the
> "Frontpage" title, i've tested to create a page for my profile and to
> display it instead of the folder listing:
> http://puredata.info/Members/nixhol
> it's working well, what is the difference with, for example the community
> folder?
> http://puredata.info/community
>
> What do you think?
> Best,

> --
> http://nim.on.free.fr

Marco Donnarumma
New Media + Sonic Arts Practitioner, Performer, Teacher, Director.
ACE, Sound Design MSc by Research (ongoing)
The University of Edinburgh, UK
Portfolio: http://marcodonnarumma.com
Research: http://res.marcodonnarumma.com | http://www.thesaddj.com |
http://www.flxer.net