[GEM-dev] Re: GEM stability

IOhannes zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Fri May 16 13:02:32 CEST 2003

Daniel Heckenberg wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> GEM isn't very stable on Windows at the moment - I'm noticing a number of

oh, maybe i should reboot into "dos" more often ;-)

> I'm wondering whether other platforms are suffering any of these problems or
i have never noticed any problems under linux.
although i had had problems under mac, when the cpu usage went very high
after some time (without doing much)

> whether anyone is actively tracking down similar/related problems?
sorry (for you): no, at least not me

> PS There was talk of a major point release for GEM some time soon.  When
> will that be and what steps are required to get there?

actually this is the question i tried to ask.
i have no date in mind (as we are no software-company, we are not that
bound to release-dates), but the sooner, the better.
i tried to outline what has to be done:
1. stability (fits to this thread...) on all platforms
2. feature-freeze:
i don't think i will have the dv-in working soon under linux (and i need
some help with the class-concept for addressing two different
driver-architectures)
furthermore, i don't think that the new release will feature any other
outputs ("gemwin"s like dv-out). this is fine for a next release.

i think, basically that's it.

mfg.asd.r