[GEM-dev] Re: GEM stability

chris clepper cclepper at artic.edu
Fri May 16 21:06:22 CEST 2003

>On Fri, 16 May 2003, IOhannes zmoelnig wrote:
>>  i tried to outline what has to be done:
>>  1. stability (fits to this thread...) on all platforms
>
>Some bugtracking system, or a TODO file in CVS would be good.

yes, that would help.

>>  2. feature-freeze:
>>  i don't think i will have the dv-in working soon under linux (and i need
>>  some help with the class-concept for addressing two different
>>  driver-architectures)
>>  furthermore, i don't think that the new release will feature any other
>>  outputs ("gemwin"s like dv-out). this is fine for a next release.
>>
>>  i think, basically that's it.

for the OSX port pix_write needs to work for feature parity with
win/linux.  i am going to keep the same image series approach as the
other platforms for now, but later i would like to make a QT recorder
that makes .movs in any supported codec.

there are a few more yuv_ objects that need to be converted to pix_
but those can happen anytime.  at some point yuv_ can be removed
altogether.

>If we could find someone that is going over the documentation.
>Would be nice if the examples had some "face-lift".
>
>Would it be possible to have "working" reference patches ?

i need to add some reference patches.  by 'working' you mean a fully
functional patch for each object complete with gemwin?  maybe a
functioning chain(s) without the gemwin could work as well.

i have done 8 tutorials cover some very basic features of GEM.  the
next step involves more advanced demos, my list includes an
explanation of YUV and RGB color-spaces, in depth texturing and
texcoords, particles system, and grabbing/recording info from the
gemwin (pix_snap/write).  any suggestions or ideas regarding the
tutorials is appreciated.

cgc