[GEM-dev] pix_rds added

tigital tigital at mac.com
Sat May 17 22:59:58 CEST 2003

hiya,

...just added pix_rds, which is a port of the effectTV random dot
stereogram code...which brings me to a question:  how should we best
deal with "utility" type functions?  I've been porting from several
different effects packages, and some of them use similar code for
colorspace changes, or matrix math, or whatever...I noticed a problem
with namespace clashes when I loaded GEM, PDP, PDP2GEM, and PIDIP,
because PIDIP and GEM have similar ports of effects from effectTV...

...seems to me the only way to do this would be to encapsulate all
functions within the pix_"object" class, but this leads to a lot of
redundancy (which really isn't bad, I guess)...any ideas?

l8r,
jamie