[GEM-dev] pix_texture

Daniel Heckenberg daniel at bogusfront.org
Tue Jun 3 09:08:36 CEST 2003

Hi All,

I would certainly hope that we can avoid both #ifdef NIGHTMARES and
splitting the code object by object on platform lines.  Both of these
approaches are hard to manage in the long run.

If we can characterise the different behaviours of each platform and make
the code behave accordingly at run-time that would be great.  One example
that comes to mind at the moment is the vertical flip required for quicktime
images.  That's not so much a platform issue as a behaviour (QT for Windows
and DirectShow (sometimes) return "upside down" images).  Writing completely
separate OS-dependent classes won't help in that situation.

It's a similar situation with extension support I guess...

Daniel