[GEM-dev] CVS checkins

tigital tigital at mac.com
Tue Jul 15 20:06:28 CEST 2003

On Tuesday, July 15, 2003, at 06:50  AM, IOhannes zmoelnig wrote:

> guenter geiger wrote:
>> On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, IOhannes zmoelnig wrote:
>>> hi all.
>> arghh, this ifdef stuff is really, really a pain and a hack.
>> Please, either just drop the GLTT things or sort them out into
>> a new class.
>> I can't believe that you did it again :)
>
> yes, i can't either...
> however, i would have dropped the GLTT-stuff completely if and only if
> everybody things it's ok.
> so, dev's out there, get to your computer (probably you are already
> there), download the new CVS-things, make it compile.
> you will need the FTGL-package (which will move into GemLibs/)
> http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/henryj/code/
> and probably you will need the freetype-lib too.
>
> as soon as it works everywhere we should delete all the gltt-stuff.
> (so, please, inform this list if it works)

...ok, I'm trying to compile now without GLTT, but am having some
problems:

src/Base/TextBase.cpp:125: no matching function for call to
`FTFont::Open(char[1000], bool)'

...I've got FTGL 2.04:  what version are you working from?  Also, does
this require freetype2 or freetype?  Since neither of these comes
installed on OSX, can we link it into the Gem.pd_darwin so people don't
have to download and install another library?

thanx,
jamie