[GEM-dev] CVS checkins

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Wed Jul 16 01:38:29 CEST 2003

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, IOhannes zmoelnig wrote:
> ok, hold on then.
> [part_veldomain] is gone.
> instead [part_velocity] can now be used to set the type and specifics of
> the velocity-domain. (see reference-files)
> [part_source] now has 2 extra inputs, that let's you specify the domain
> and domain-specifics.
>
> i just noticed, that you can set the "point of emittance" now, which is
> even better for moving particle-sources than [part_vertex] (which i
> won't delete)

cool,
I have two suggestions though.
I think it would make more sense to combine the domain and the
vector (domain parameters) message.
Mainly because if I want to change the domain I would like to change
the domain parameters too, in one message as "sphere 0 0.2 0 0.3".

Can the m_numberToAdd parameter be changed to float (libparticle supports
float for this parameter) and will happily emit 1/2 particle per frame.

Greetings,

Guenter