[GEM-dev] CVS checkins

tigital tigital at mac.com
Wed Jul 16 03:09:00 CEST 2003

On Tuesday, July 15, 2003, at 07:54  PM, guenter geiger wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, tigital wrote:
>> ...ok, I'm trying to compile now without GLTT, but am having some
>> problems:
>>
>> src/Base/TextBase.cpp:125: no matching function for call to
>> `FTFont::Open(char[1000], bool)'
>>

> Wow, this prototype looks scary. Is it possible that the compiler
> on OSX just refuses to accept char[1000] types as char* ?

hi guenter,

...dunno, but I don't think that's the problem;  in FTGL 2.04, I look
at the FTFont.h & .cpp, and there is no "Open" function...I'm looking
at the FTGLdemo code, and it declares fonts this way:
fonts[FTGL_BITMAP] = new FTGLBitmapFont( fontfile);

...but IOhannes has this in text2d.cpp:
   m_bfont = new FTGLBitmapFont;
   m_pfont = new FTGLPixmapFont;

..so something is going on that I don't understand...what version of
FTGL are you using?

l8r,
jamie