[GEM-dev] CVS checkins

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jul 16 21:22:57 CEST 2003

Zitiere tigital <tigital at mac.com>:

> ...ok, I'm trying to compile now without GLTT, but am having some
> problems:
>
> src/Base/TextBase.cpp:125: no matching function for call to
> `FTFont::Open(char[1000], bool)'
>
> ...I've got FTGL 2.04:  what version are you working from?  Also, does
oh, damned....
i used the inofficial debian-packages from http://people.debian.org/~mmagallo/
and thought they would be fairly recent.
but, of course they are not *that* recent, but 1.4 (jan2003) - but since i saw
a mail from guenter to magallo, i thought this would be ok for me to use.
i knew! should have compiled against an own download of ftgl and put it into
the GemLibs.

> this require freetype2 or freetype?  Since neither of these comes
freetype2
> installed on OSX, can we link it into the Gem.pd_darwin so people don't
> have to download and install another library?
this shouldn't be a real problem.
i guess you project-builder allows you to define which libraries to link
statically and which ones to link dynamically. so "static" is your choice then.

speaking of dynamic/static linking: what is the simple way to make gcc link in
a specified lib statically while linking other libs dynamically (günter ?) ?

> thanx,
sorry

mfg.as.rd