[GEM-dev] CVS checkins

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Sat Jul 19 20:05:08 CEST 2003

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> >>...I've got FTGL 2.04:  what version are you working from?  Also, does
>
> ok, i have committed changes to work with FTGL-2.04
> i really don't understand what he (the ftgl-guy) was saying about <<no
> consistent way for "destroy()", so i have removed "open()">>
> and he was changing "render()" to "Render()" and, and, and...
> good, to have another stable API to support (like ffmpeg)
>
> so go, and give it a try...

Great :)
Good news is that there will be soon a Debian package for FTGL (and it
will be 2.04).

> ad particle:
> i have changed the part_source argument (emitting rate) to float.

I have another patch lying around against libparticle, which
makes it behave better if the emitting rate is higher than 1.
Currently if you have a point domain it will emit all particles at the
same point, the patch takes velocity into acount in order to place them
at the position where they are supposed to be.
(Hard to explain, but if you try it you'll see what the problem is).

Guenter