[GEM-dev] how close are we...

Daniel Heckenberg daniel at bogusfront.org
Mon Jul 21 09:31:36 CEST 2003

Re: [GEM-dev] how close are we...
  i played around with the pix_rtx example last night and it did crash when resizing the video input every once and a while.  the log always pointed to line 195, which is the pixels[chRed] = rp[chRed] in the RGBA inner loop.  obviously a pointer going off into no-man's land.

yeah - the "while (count--)" is at least one of the causes of that.  I tracked that down last week.  I'll check the change in now.

with regards to things on the release to-do:
for Windows:

DirectShow film loading is really a must.  I've written the object but am unsure whether to include it as a separate object or rework it into the filmNEW style.  Is that stable and usable?  I haven't looked at the code there for a while.
Ditto for the QT for Windows stuff.

Fonts.  I've been letting that one sort itself out.  I'll see whether the latest checkins work on windows sometime soon.

Big one:
Documentation.

Daniel