[GEM-dev] how close are we...

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jul 22 21:14:30 CEST 2003

chris clepper wrote:
>> oops, and my nice template was for nothing then :(
>> The new help patches have a "help-" prefix. so we'd have to rename them
>> to help-whatever.pd
>>

>> You took a look at the template, by chance ?
>> I think people are accostumed to change close the help patches after
>> looking at them.
>

> i had a look and i like it.  the only question is have multiple gemwins
> trying to go at once.  apart from the potential confusion, is it
> stable?  maybe we should stress test about a dozen of these going at
> once to find out.

all the gemwin's refer to the same context (GemMan), to the same
gem-window (i think it is the same under macOS ?)
there is this counter that counts, whether there is at least one
[gemwin], and if not (the last one destroyed), it destroys the gem-window.
i don't think anything might break.
i have just opened 11 of guenter's circle.pd and it did fine....
(apart from the confusion, that you can click on [create( although the
window is created or on [destroy( after it is destroyed...)

now, does macOS already has multiple gem-wins ? (i haven't noticed last
time i saw macOS-gem, but this might be due to the fact, that the
gem-windows were hiding each other (?))

anyhow, i'd like to have multiple gem-windows (each gemwin connected to
each own window/output (like ieee1394, file) in the future (after this
release)

mfg.a.srd