[GEM-dev] loop-y question

tigital tigital at mac.com
Fri Jul 25 00:28:44 CEST 2003

here's something a bit different from what we've been talking about:

I'm trying to create a patch that would show some typical uses of the
OpenGL wrapper objects, but I'm stuck on creating the looping
mechanism:  basically, I'd like to draw one object many times in
different translations (imagine a cube made of sub-triangles where the
row size of sub-triangles can be changed)...so I'm trying to do 3
nested for loops to produce xyz coordinates, and then send them to a
GEMglTranslatef within a routine for drawing a triangle...

...the accompanying patch uses 3 [until]'s, but doesn't produce the
desired result; has anyone figured out a way to do this?  I figure that
this would be a first step toward better documentation, and would like
to also do it for things such as the newWave, ripple, etc geos, so that
we don't get object bloat ;-)

thanx,
jamie