[GEM-dev] loop-y question

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Sat Jul 26 22:50:18 CEST 2003

Hi Jamie,

I think I understand what you are trying to do, but I fear that this
is not possible yet (I may be wrong, I actually never looked to closely
at the new implementation.)

If I understand correctly it should not be too hard to implement this
"looping" feature based on the new gem scheduler.

Currently a gemlist gets only drawn once.
It is possible to write a simple object ("gemloop" or the like) that
triggers "n" of these redraws
(just like the part_render does) and at the same time has a second outlet
that tells you the number of the redraw. This way you could built more
complex geos with just one gemlist ..

Guenter