[GEM-dev] loop-y question

tigital tigital at mac.com
Mon Jul 28 07:53:37 CEST 2003

On Saturday, July 26, 2003, at 04:50  PM, guenter geiger wrote:
> If I understand correctly it should not be too hard to implement this
> "looping" feature based on the new gem scheduler.
>
> Currently a gemlist gets only drawn once.
> It is possible to write a simple object ("gemloop" or the like) that
> triggers "n" of these redraws
> (just like the part_render does) and at the same time has a second
> outlet
> that tells you the number of the redraw. This way you could built more
> complex geos with just one gemlist ..

...excellent suggestion:  with chris egg-ing me on, I found that we can
put a "for loop" between the glPushMatrix and glPopMatrix in
gemhead::renderGL(), and that this will make several loops of the
object (if you try rotateXYZ or translateXYZ quick enough)...now the
question would be how to control this correctly?

...Obviously it should have accept a message for the length of the
loop, but there seems to be a need to output when the loop is done:
Should it have a bang out on every loop iteration?  Or would it be
bet²a!Zwith a counter-type output?

Any thoughts appreciated!

jamie