[GEM-dev] alpha

cgc at humboldtblvd.com cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Thu Jul 31 22:57:01 CEST 2003

Quoting guenter geiger <geiger at xdv.org>:

> #ifdef COMPLAIN
> Yes, I have been trying to look into it a bit, but the coding style is
> really scary ....
> There must be better ways to do that ?
> #elif BE_NICE
> Great that you found the bug ....
> #else
> #endif
>
> Greetings,
> Guenter

Touché.  Yes that code needs a good scrubbing.  I'm partial to the C approach of
writing functions to handle each case.  This is kind of what I did with the
Altivec code since you can #ifdef functions to avoid generating illegal
instructions etc.  I can have a go at this over the weekend since a lot of the
evil is my doing in the first place.  I have to make the disclaimer that I spent
a helluva lot of time making sure that code runs the fastest possible path on
OSX and I'm not willing to give that up at this point. :)

I'll try to fix and commit the alpha thing tonight.