[GEM-dev] marching toward release?

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Sun Aug 17 20:00:29 CEST 2003

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, tigital wrote:
> ...I think we all want a "freeze" and release, just where to draw the
> line?  I'd like a bit more time to finish up YUV support in the last
> few pix_ objects I did...Unfortunately, I was recently kicked outta my
> apartment (someone bought the building and felt a skateboard shop would
> be cool in my place!), so this last week has been about nothing more
> than moving :-(
>
> ...however, I'm now in a new temporary place (still searching for a
> house to buy), so I'll be concentrating on GEM for the next few days...
>
> ...what is everyone else working on?  I know chris has some amazing
> stuff that he's getting ready to unveil (soon, right chris?), and
> beyond the yuv stuff, I'd like to finish up a camera object (for
> locking onto objects or just moving through a scene a la and fps) and,
> of course, more documentation....
>
> ...so where are we?

I think the scenario for doing a release would be the following:
- freeze the current code (no further additions !) and branch it. This way
  we can still add new features, but not in the release candidate.

- work through the pix_ objects. Those that do not support RGBA and
  YUV won't go into the release.

- documentation update

- testing, testing, testing, testing,

- release

- fold back bug fixes and documentation to the development branch.

How does that sound ?

Greetings,

Guenter