[GEM-dev] view for gemwin

ben at ekran.org ben at ekran.org
Wed Sep 3 18:55:39 CEST 2003

Hey all,

I'm working on a GOP abstraction for the gemwin and am running into a
little anoyance.

First off the help for "view" in gemwin incorrectly states all the default
views for the gemwin. They are correct except the camera is always at 4 in
Z, not -4 as stated in the docs. (futher away from the camera is negative)

Second I really want standard orbit camera control, where the mouse x-y
controls the rotatation of the camera around the scene, usually with the
camera pointed at the centre of the scene. I was thinking view may do
this, but looks like you have to specify the cartesian coords of the
camera.

So before I patch it using sph2cart and some luck, what is the likelyhood
of the view selector doing that?

Here is an early version of the abstraction I'm working on. (It looks
perflect in windows, a little wonky in linux, and who knows in OSX!)

Thanks
Ben