[GEM-dev] single buffering

ben at ekran.org ben at ekran.org
Thu Sep 11 21:36:36 CEST 2003

heya all,

I was just tinkering with an old patch and I can't get single-buffering to
work. It worked before...

I'm using Chris's bianry release for OSX from two weeks ago.

The window does not complain, seems to enter single-buffering mode. but
when I try and draw something (by banging on a gemhead) I get nothing but
black. Changing the gemwin color does not render either, all black...

Anyhow I hope it gets fixed as its something I often use.

Oh and since the gemchains are now PD messages when I break a chain (via
spigot for example) do I need to hit stop rendering and start it again for
Gem to register the change? (In 0.87 it looks like one had to rerender, on
CVS it seems to work) Also is there a way to have a chain keep its texture
data after bring broken? Even in CVS it seems breaking a chain will cause
it to loose its texture.

Thanks
ben