[GEM-dev] releasing GEM: tag "r0-888-pre"

tigital tigital at mac.com
Sat Sep 13 21:34:25 CEST 2003

On Thursday, September 11, 2003, at 11:45  AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig
wrote:

> in order to get into releasing (finally), i have branched the
> Gemsources in the Cvs with the tag "r0-888-pre"
>
> if anybody has any bugfixes ready, put them into this branch.
> i think features are quite ok for a release.

...coupla more questions:

- I'm not that familiar with cvs tag/branching, and I don't think this
can be selected from within project builder on OSX:  notoriously bad
cvs support :-(
- IIRC, pix_depot and pix_buffer are the same?  Yet pix_depot is still
around?  Same thing with pix_texture/pix_texture2, and others:
shouldn't we remove objects from the compile that are aliased elsewhere?
- I really don't think we should release until there are help patches
for all objects...here's a list I made of orphaned objects, and I'll
try to knock out more this weekend:
GEOS
cuboid
newWave
ripple
rubber
slideSquares

MANIPS
polygon_smooth

MARKEX
abs
m_control?
multiselect?
reson?
strcat?

PARTICLES
part_info
part_render
part_vector?

PIX's
pix_background
pix_backlight
pix_blur
pix_buffer (read/write?)
pix_chroma_key
pix_color
pix_colorreduce
pix_compare
pix_convert
pix_crop
pix_delay
pix_depot (get/put?)
pix_dot
pix_duotone
pix_dv
pix_emboss
pix_grey
pix_info
pix_levels
pix_lumaoffset
pix_mix
pix_motionblur
pix_pix2sig~.pd or pix_pix2sig.pd?
pix_posterize
pix_rds
pix_roll
pix_scanline
pix_sig2pix~.pd or pix_sig2pix.pd?
pix_snap2tex
pix_test
pix_tIIR
pix_yuv

...also seems paramount that we make sure that all new functionality of
gemwin, pix_texture, pix_film, etc is documented in the respective
helpfiles...

l8r,
jamie