[GEM-dev] releasing GEM: tag "r0-888-pre"

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Mon Sep 15 04:28:37 CEST 2003

i added help for the following

>PIX's
>pix_background
>pix_blur
>pix_chroma_key
>pix_compare
>pix_duotone
>pix_mix
>pix_motionblur
>pix_roll
>pix_scanline

i'm not sure what the following objects even do (or why they exist):

pix_pix2sig~.pd or pix_pix2sig.pd?
pix_rds
pix_test - nothing?
pix_emboss - looks like my old yuv_ object to try and make a fast
emboss, which failed
pix_dot - does this work?

>...also seems paramount that we make sure that all new functionality
>of gemwin, pix_texture, pix_film, etc is documented in the
>respective helpfiles...

i think there might be a place for platform specific help for these.
for example, pix_video on OSX uses only the first 2 args to the
'dimen' message and requires a 'reset' message to have the change
happen.  also, it supports colorspace switching and quality modes.

At 5:45 PM +0200 9/11/03, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>if anybody has any bugfixes ready, put them into this branch.
>i think features are quite ok for a release.

i had a run through the CVS and fixed up a few little things.  for
the most part it was minor

- #ifdef MACOSX is now __APPLE__
- added the PPC970 ifdefs
- there are some more drawTypes for GemShape objects
- yuv_ is pretty much fully removed
- pix_filmDarwin does colorspace switching using 'colorspace yuv/rgb'
message and loads movs into RAM using 'ram'
- pix_videoDarwin does colorspace switching like pix_film and can
resize using the 'dimen x y' message

the following i haven't committed but would like to see about doing:

- i have the alpha object set up to accept multiple blend modes for
both src and dest which is more flexible than the current 'function'
- make sure all of the messages to pix_film/video are the same
between platforms and document which ones don't work on a given
platform
- sort out the conversion objects like pix_rgba and pix_yuv once and for all
- make a list of deprecated objects and remove them

cgc