[GEM-dev] More compilling Gem with visual C++

Cyrille Henry cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Wed Sep 24 13:28:36 CEST 2003

>>>I think that if it's working on 0.87 it will work on curent version.
>>>am I right?
>>>

>>...right!  well, at least I know "right" cuz I just downloaded and
>>tested it :-)  Very nice...
>>
>>...if ya want, I can commit it to the cvs?
>>

>I fear this will lead to a proliveration of this kind of objects.
>Can't the tube functionality be added to the cylinder ..?

cylinder use an open GL primitive (gluCylinder).
tube use GL_TRIANGLE_STRIP, and compute the position of all point independantly.

I think tube is less efficient than cylinder.

so I'm not sure remplacing cylinder with tube is a good thing.

(I made this primitive because I use to do the same thing with gemglbegin / gemglend etc.
wich is a good way to do it, but not very efficient...)

well, don't really know what to do...

Cyrille