[GEM-dev] Changes in setup() functions

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Tue Oct 21 20:23:13 CEST 2003

Hi there,

I just comitted some changes in how the setup() stuff is handled for Gem.
The new system registers the classes automatically, by instantiating
a t_class C++ wrapper class.
The magic happens in Base/CPPExtern.h
The changes make the setup.h files obsolete, because every class is
automatically registered as soon as it is compiled, and the other way
round, if a file doesn't compile, you can still load Gem, but without
that object.

Hope this doesn't cause problems, otherwise I will roll
it back, so please let me know.

Ah, and I removed my name form the startup splash, cause I think
there are too many names in there and I am not doing too much after all.

Guenter