[GEM-dev] more new primitive for gem...

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Tue Oct 28 15:14:21 CET 2003

Hi Cyrille,

What I'm making right now as an abstraction made out of 6 of your curve
surfaces, each representing a face of a cube. Of course thic cube can be
deformed to become a curve, but the edges between faces will always be 90
degrees. (hard edge)

So is there the possibility of having an enclosed shape (like the cube
example above, where there is an intererior and an exterior that are
non-continuous. A torus, cone, sphere, cube are all enclosed. A plane, your
curve, and circle are not enclosed because they have only one surface (no
interior).

A blob would be different than the above example because it would not have
any hard edges. A bubble is a blob... Basically I'm asking for a sphere
primitive that you can move control points to destort the surface.

I'm CCing on the gem-dev so perhaps someone with better french can explain
what I'm talking about.

Thanks for the good work.

Ben