[GEM-dev] more new primitive for gem...

cgc at humboldtblvd.com cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Tue Oct 28 20:40:25 CET 2003

Quoting Cyrille Henry <cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr>:

> >1. Will this be integrated into the Gem CVS? Perhaps for v.89?
> >
> I'd like to. but it depend of what the other developper think of it.

It's fine by me.  The code could use some changes like getting most of that
case
statement in the render function.

> >2. Will this be integrated into the stuff that Chris is doing with
> vertex
> >arrays?
> >
> I'd like to. don't know much more now.

Unfortunately, the GL evaluators used in cube3d aren't compatible with the
vertex arrays.  Similar things can be accomplished with vertex/polygon
approaches (see newwave as an example), but for defining simple bezier type
curves, evaluators are probably simpler and faster.  The next step would be
NURBS, for which glu has a library of functions that I've never really looked
at.

> >3. No makefile? How to build in linux/osx?
> >
> I don't know, I juste add it to gem project and compille everything.

Although I haven't built cube3d, it looks like it will work fine with the
current CVS.