[GEM-dev] more new primitive for gem...

cgc at humboldtblvd.com cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Tue Oct 28 20:38:04 CET 2003

Quoting "B. Bogart" <ben at ekran.org>:

> Jamie & Chris,
>
> On the note of vertext arrays is it possible to change the position of
> number of underlying vertecies with relativly few control points? (like
> the
> spline control points in Cyrille's curve3d. or NURBS)

At the moment I don't have control points, but you can do something like offset
a range of vertices.  I suppose I could quickly code up an object that would
accept three points and do linear interpolation between them (A->B<-C).  An
approximation of the bezier/spline evaluators would be slightly more difficult
and also much more computationally expensive, but it is possible.

> Please enclosed shapes! ;)

Is someone dying for a torus???  The main focus for the vertex_array objects is
actually using models as the source of the manipulations.  This of course allows
for far greater variety than any group of primitives we could write in GEM.

I'll take some screenshots/movies later in the week to demonstrate the model
based objects.

cgc

ps - did anyone get the previous message I sent?